14 November 2016

October Winners and Week 2 for Challenge #63


Hello Peeps!


I hope you are all recovering from the elections in the good old US of A, and settling down to think about your contribution to this challenge blog! Some of you are waiting to hear who has won the random number prize for October and been selected as the Design Team Favorite as well!
So, here it is

Winners for October


Random Number Draw is 
Random Number selection - 8: Janis
 

Design Team Favourite
Number 15: Karen

Congratulations to both Crafters!

So, what is happening in November?




#63Resistance and twist is explain technique

Random Number Prize

What do we mean by resistance? Using anything where one media resists another media: often this media might be a stamped image, where the image has been stamped with Versamark and left or wet embossed with embossing powder. This can either be left on after inks or paint is wiped over the image (where the image then resists the ink or paint) or ironed off still leaving the impression of the image. We cannot use stamps in this challenge - so, think outside the square! Use a stencil - make a drawing - use an embossing folder. Your resist medium can be embossing powder, liquid rubber, wax - any medium which resists another medium or stops it from appearing on your card or paper.

Or whatever you think of as resistance! Remember, it is your take on the theme!

We have two wonderful Guest Designers



KT Fit Kitty
Hi, I’m Kitty, and I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. I am excited and honoured to be a Guest Designer at the UnstampaBelles! Unlike many crafters, I have not been crafty my whole life - I began making cards about 10 years ago, and now I’m hooked!  I started my blog in June 2013, after being invited to join a design team. My card-making style would be considered “cute” and my favourite subject is cats, mainly due to my three beautiful kitties, Honeydew, Kiwi, and Snowie. In case you’re wondering how I chose my blog name, KT are my initials, Kitty is a nickname, and Fit Kitty is my user name on a fitness forum I used to frequent.  It would make me so happy if you would hop over to my blog for a visit:  http://ktdesigns2013.blogspot.ca/.

For my project, I created a matching gift bag, card, and tag, all using an emboss-resist technique. The falling snow was embossed through a stencil using Versamark and embossing powder before Distress Inks were applied to create a sky background.


Thank you to Susan and the UnstampaBelles for having me as your Guest Designer!  Wishing you and your followers a joyful day!







I'm Carole and I live in the North West of England with my lovely hubby and cat, Casey.  I love all types of arts and crafts and can spend hours in my craft room, losing all track of time.  At the moment I’m enjoying making ATCs, cards and collages.  I have quite an eclectic taste from cute and whimsical to shabby chic and vintage.  I like to enter challenges and started my blog in order to do this.  I do hope you'll pop over and say hello!

I'd like to thank Susan for the opportunity of being Guest Designer on her challenge blog - it really is an honour!

Sending crafty hugs your way,  

Easel Box - the 'resist' here is the fact that the easel is 'resisting' being closed - 
a different take!





Other Design Team Members:

Shylaashree

This card was made by clear embossing over a diecut and then distressed with distress inks.



Using a candle as the resist

Well, there you have it

Where are you going with your Resistance? 

Remember, you have another coupla weeks to go to enter 
and at this stage if you do a Trump and win all the prizes!





8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much ladies, I am very honoured and congrats to Janis too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats to the winners and gorgeous projects ladies.

    Susan not all cards are showed here.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Congrats to my dear friend Kitty! Yay! :D I'm so glad to see her as GD here! Her set is a delight! Love the technique used and the fun scene with that kitty on candy cane and the snowy mountains! Amazing work! Adrable also the cards from you, Susan, and from Shylaashree. I can't see the box from Carol, instead... perhaps it's a problem of my PC

    ReplyDelete
  4. team made wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All fixed now - thanks for the heads-up everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for drawing my card as your lucky winner!! Congrats to Karen and also to Kitty and Carole as the Guest Designers with their clever and gorgeous projects!! WOW!!!

    Many thanks for your wonderful challenges and thank you, again, for this awesome prize!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Susan, for having me as your Guest Designer - I enjoyed myself very much! Congrats to Carole as GD as well! Carole's easel box is gorgeous - I can see the photos now - thank you for fixing! Susan, your and Shylaashree's cards are beautiful! You both came up with awesome ideas for resistance - thank you for the inspiration! Big congrats to Janis on the win and Karen as the favourite! Well done, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that both of our Guesties are cat lovers. What wonderful projects you both made!
    Congratulations to the winners from last month. Sorry there were no comments from me. I was in the good ole US of A representing Australia in a singing competition.
    Looking forward to seeing what everyone makes for this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. The Design Team really appreciate it. Have fun with the challenge.

LinkWithin